Sunday, September 16, 2012

Training in Cape Town - Getting Serious

Summer is over... and spring is about to start! Weird huh? But thats exactly where I am here in Cape Town with the European Summer behind me, and the African summer about to start.  Since making the decision to move to CApe Town, I have been looking for either a triathlon team or a coach to make me a better athlete, more competitive, and potentially even help me qualify before I change my age group.

After looking, and talking to several people in the UK and in Cape Town, I can now say I have a coach   who is BTA Level 3 coach and trains several Ironman triathletes....Neil MacPherson!

His wife Diana has been to Kona in 2006 and has had podium finishes in several IM sanctioned events.


I am very excited about getting involved with a professional coach who has taken people to Kona and hope to see my results improving.  I will be doing som testing this week and hope to post my results on here soon.

1 comment:

  1. I am coming into Capetown the end of December and will be in capetown around 10 days before the race. I was wondering if there are groups I could train with. I am doing the Ironman 7030 in East London. James zanzibarblue@hotmail.com

    Also I am wondering if there is a way to rent a bike in east london

    ReplyDelete