Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sant Cugat San Silvestre - 10Km

Today was the last day of the year and I was able to finish off with a nice PB on the 10Km distance.  The goal was to run the 10Km in anything better than 46 minutes as this was my most recent PB, also recently set this past week while I'm in Spain.  as I warmed up I set my Garmin virtual pace to 4m:30s pace so I could chase that pace throughout the race and, hopefully, I would finish off somewhere near that pace.


As the gun went off I started off at a pace of 3m:40s/Km for the first 5 mins and I was feeling great. The atmosphere was great I was always trying to find someone to chase down the field.  My first 4Km were at an average of 4m:01s pace which was not bad to be honest, and there was even a point where my pace was at 3m:06s/km! After that I settled into a nice pace which was challenging and uncomfortable, but I was able to hold it for the remainder of the race.

At the end of the day, mission accomplished and a new PB was set today for the 10Km.  I finished 467 out of 2500 participants. Slowly but surely I'll get there! The idea is to keep improving all throughout the pre-season so that when spring gets here I am able to push myself that bit extra during the races.

Below are some stats with some of the race details. In the meanwhile, HAPPY NEW YEAR!







1 comment: