Sunday, July 10, 2011

New Bike Bag - Trainingpeaks.com

Its only a few days till we head to Barcelona for the girl's summer break and I finally got my bike bag in time for the flight.  I struggled to find an affordable bag as many of the sites I buy from were out of stock.  I suppose this would mainly be due to the fact that summer is here and many cyclists travel to compete and on vacation.

I did, however, find this one which does the job for me and for a nice £70 from www.chainreactioncycles.com.  It actually got here last week but I wanted to concentrate my previous post on my report, therefore the delay.  The bag is great and has plenty of compartments for water bottles, cycling shoes, tools, and even extra clothing you may not necessarily want to take with you on your suitcase.  I now have one major issue: I don't know how to take my bike apart. Ok, I can take the front wheel off... but thats it! I suppose Youtube will have to help me as we are flying on Wednesday and I don't have time to take it to the local shop.

On a different note, I signed up for www.trainingpeaks.com last night and I also purchased Joe Friel's Ironman training plan 10-15hrs/Week.  Im not sure if it is the most appropriate plan for right here right now, but I will keep it for later in the year as it is for to be applied 24 weeks prior to one's Ironman race.  I am now looking at Matt Fitzgerald's training plans to find one to accomodate my 6h-8h of available training time per week. Maximum 10h if I stretch it during the summer time when Im hone alone while the girls are in Spain... Let's see what I end up with.  

1 comment:

  1. Figuring out how to take it apart is easy. Making sure you put it back together properly is the real trick (hint: torque wrench). I haven't looked but there's probably several videos on YouTube covering this subject.

    ReplyDelete